Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Latest Shop Addition!

As promised I have added my first ready to ship item to my Etsy shop!  I have spent lots of time creating this amazing cutting board.  Originally I was going to make it a smaller board (with one of the rows of squares removed), but my wife thought it looked kind of funny with two squares on one side and one square on the other side.  So I added the other row and made it look more proportional!  Let me know what you think of this cutting board.  The wood in this board includes hard maple and dark brown edinam.  The maple has burls in it, which is a discoloration because of it being near the root of the tree and adds an extra character to the cutting board.  The edinam is very similar to black walnut... in fact when I went to the hardwood store to buy material for another board a couple weeks later, the owner had the edinam in the same bin as the black walnut and I couldn't even tell the difference until I asked specifically for that type of wood.
Cutting Board End Grain Maple and Edinam- 15 x 11 x 1 - READY TO SHIP

No comments:

Post a Comment